Boy was it an honour to have Derek Rydall on the podcast today.
His story (and the way he tells it) is truly inspiring, intriguing and down right incredible.
Just a few years ago, Derek was a struggling actor who almost died… twice. The first time at his own hands with alcohol, and the second while going snorkeling and getting trapped in coral.
In fact, this second time there was a moment he just plain gave up. But in that moment, he had an epiphany about life and was never the same again.
This started him on a huge path of self-discovery that led him to writing an amazing book, Emergence: Seven Steps for Radical Life Change.
And this is what we talk about on today’s show.
In The Episode, We Talk About…
- Derek’s story of twice being on the brink of death, and what he learned from it.
- How valuable it is to have your ego ripped away.
- The importance of surrendering.
- How to truly appreciate that you are already living your dream.
- Bringing you to your environment.
- Why you get to decide your inner state, not your results or your environment.
- How to use the ‘Law of Emergence’.
- The seven steps to radically changing your life Derek talks about in his book.
- Why the whole concept of ‘self-improvement’ is bullshit.
- “Emergence: Seven Steps for Radical Life Change” by Derek Rydall
- Derek’s website
I seriously could have gone on talking to Derek for a good while longer. Maybe I’ll have him back on the podcast again one day to go deeper on a few topics.
You can give the episode a listen via the player above.
Love, Laughter & Light,