This was such an interesting conversation I had with Dr Glenn Livingston.
Glenn is a veteran psychologist who now specialises in ‘food psychology’ and helping people overcome self-destructive habits and binge eating.
In fact, he’s written a bestselling book on the subject called ‘Never Binge Again’, which came about after getting past his own demons with food and overeating.
But the principles of the book aren’t just applicable to food and eating habits, they’re very relevant to overcoming any kind of self-destructive behaviour.
So this is what we talked about on this week’s podcast.
In The Episode, We Talk About…
- How Dr Glenn overcame his own battle with food addiction to master his eating habits.
- The anatomical parts of your brain it’s key to understand to end self-destructive behaviour.
- The importance of understanding and appreciating ‘delayed gratification’.
- How to deal with uncertainty, self-doubt and low self-esteem.
- How to construct a plan for success in anything that sits right with your own brain.
- A simple mind trick to deal with ‘cravings’ to do or eat things not in line with our goals.
- Why a happy life may NOT come through loving every part of yourself unconditionally.
- How to recover from a mistake like a badass and not get bogged down by it.
- The purpose of pain and how to use it to your advantage.
- Dealing with other people who hold you back from achieving what you want.
This was an awesome episode and one I really enjoyed making on such a fascinating subject, so I hope you love it as much as I loved making it!
You can give it a listen via the player above.